1. Patrono C, Rocca B. Aspirin
, 110 years later. J Thromb Haemost.
2. 2008 annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers' National Poison Data System (NPDS): 26th annual report. Clin Toxicol. 2009;47:911–1084.
3. Bruton LL, Lazo JS, Parker KL. Goodman & Gillman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th ed. McGraw-Hill Companies Inc; 2006.
4. Wortzman DJ, Grunfled A. Delayed absorption following enteric-coated aspirin
overdose. Ann Emerg Med.
5. Rivera W, Kleinschmidt KC, Velez LI, et al. Delayed salicylate toxicity at 35 hours without early manifestations following a single salicylate ingestion. Ann Pharmacother. 2004;38(7–8):1186–1188.
6. Levy G. Clinical pharmacokinetics of salicylates: a reassessment. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1980;10(suppl 2):285S–290S.
7. Temple AR. Acute and chronic effects of aspirin
toxicity and their treatment. Arch Intern Med.
8. Tenney SM, Miller RM. The respiratory and circulatory action of salicylate. Am J Med. 1955;19:498–508.
9. Krebs HG, Woods HG, Alberti KG. Hyperlactatemia and lactic acidosis. Essays Med Biochem. 1975;1:81–103.
10. Rothschild BM. Hematologic perturbations associated with salicylate. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1979;26:145–150.
11. Anderson RJ, Potts DE, Gabow PA, et al. Unrecognized adult salicylate intoxication. Ann Intern Med. 1976;85(6):745–748.
12. Bailey RB, Jones SR. Chronic salicylate intoxication: a common cause of morbidity in the elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1989;37(6):556–561.
13. Chui PT. Anesthesia in a patient with undiagnosed salicylate poisoning presenting as intraabdominal sepsis. J Clin Anesth. 1999;11(3):251–253.
14. Dugandzic RM, Tierney MG, Dicknson Ge, et al. Evaluation of the validity of the Done nomogram in the management of acute salicylate intoxication. Ann Emerg Med. 1989;18:1186–1190.
15. Thurston JH, Pollock PG, Warren SK, et al. Reduced brain glucose with normal plasma glucose in salicylate poisoning. J Clin Invest. 1970;49(11):2139–2145.
16. Stolbach AI, Hoffman RS, Nelson LS. Mechanical ventilation was associated with acidemia in a case series of salicylate-poisoned patients. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(9):866–869.
17. Burton BT, Bayer MJ, Barron L, et al. Comparison of activated charcoal and gastric lavage in the prevention of aspirin
absorption. J Emerg Med
18. Curtis RA, Barone J, Giacona N. Efficacy of ipecac and activated charcoal/carthartic. Prevention of salicylate absorption in a simulated overdose. Arch Intern Med. 1984;144(1):48–52.
19. Levy G, Tsuchiya T. Effect of activated charcoal on aspirin
absorption in man. Clin Pharmacol Ther.
20. Keller RE, Schwab RA, Krenzelok EP. Contribution of sorbitol
combined with activated charcoal in prevention of salicylate absorption. Ann Emerg Med.
21. Barone JA, Raia JJ, Huang YC. Evaluation of the effects of multiple-dose activated charcoal on the absorption of orally administered salicylate in a simulated toxic ingestion model. Ann Emerg Med. 1988;17:34–37.
22. Hillman RJ, Prescott LF. Treatment of salicylate poisoning with repeated oral charcoal. BMJ. 1986;291:1472.
23. Kirshenbaum LA, Mathews SC, Sitar DS, et al. Does multiple-dose charcoal therapy enhance salicylate excretion? Arch Intern Med. 1990;150:1281–1283.
24. Mayer AL, Sitar DS, Tenebein M. Multiple-dose charcoal and whole-bowel irrigation do not increase clearance of absorbed salicylate. New York, New York. Arch Intern Med. 1992;152:393–396.
25. Tenenbein M. Whole-bowel irrigation as a gastrointestinal decontamination procedure after acute poisoning. Med Toxicol. 1988;3:77–84.
26. Prescott LF, Balali-Mood M, Critchley JA, et al. Diuresis or urinary alkalinization for salicylate poisoning? BMJ. 1982;285:1383–1386.
27. Vree TB, Van Ewijk-Beneken Kolmer EW, Verwey-Van Wissen CP, et al. Effect of urinary pH on the pharmacokinetics of salicylic acid, with its glycine and glucuronide conjugates in humans. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1994;32:550–558.
28. Fertel BS, Nelson LS, Goldfarb DS. The underutilization of hemodialysis in patients with salicylate poisoning. Kidney Int. 2009;75(12):1349–1353.
29. Watson WA, Litovitz TL, Rodgers GC, et al. 2004 annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers Toxic Exposure Surveillance System. Am J Emerg Med. 2005;23:589–666.
30. DeBroe ME, Verpooten GA, Christiaens ME, et al. -Clinical experience with prolonged combined hemoperfusion–hemodialysis treatment of severe poisoning. Artif Organs. 1981;5:59–66.
31. Wrathall G, Sinclair R, Moore A, et al. Three case reports of the use of haemodiafiltration in the treatment of salicylate overdose. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2001;20:491–495.