Button batteries are frequently ingested, accidently or intentionally or placed in the nose or ears by children. Common sources of the battery include child’s own hearing aid, remote controls, toys, games, watches, and calculators. Cylindrical battery ingestions are most common among adolescents. Eighty percent of patients remain asymptomatic and 60% to 86% pass the battery within 48 to 96 hours. However, if the battery becomes lodged in the esophagus, it can result in esophageal mucosal injury, ulceration, perforation, stricture, liquefaction necrosis (release of alkali) or direct pressure necrosis, tracheoesophageal fistulas, and exsanguinations after fistulization into a major blood vessel, and death. A button battery impacted in the esophagus may present with drooling, gagging, fever, vomiting, refusing food, or respiratory symptoms (eg, stridor, wheezing, cough). A button battery causing GI tract injury may present with abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, or hematochezia.